May 3rd from 3pm to 11pm & May 4th, 2024 from 2pm to 11pm.
Dairy Creek Golf Course, 2990 Dairy Creek Rd – San Luis Obispo, CA 93405.
Music starts at 3:10pm on Friday, May 3rd & 2:30pm on Saturday, May 4th.
Check out our Lineup page.
Yes! These teams will be on duty all throughout the festival. If you need assistance you can contact any Shabang staff member, security guard, volunteer, or go to the medical stations or info kiosk.
Shabang celebrates freedom of individual expression, and while we love all bodies, this is a family-friendly event and the law states public nudity is prohibited.
Yes. Anyone caught with illegal substances will be escorted from the event and may face legal consequences. SLO PD will be onsite in the event they are needed.
No. Shabang has a strict no pet rule that will be enforced. Only documented service animals required for a disability, and who are trained to handle loud and active environments, are allowed in the festival grounds.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about registering your documented service animal. Please keep in mind, it is illegal to fraudulently claim that your pet is a legitimate service animal.
Yes. During the festival, the lost and found is located at the main info-kiosk. After the festival, you can email email@example.com to inquire about your lost items.
We recommend bringing a reusable bottle or water bladder as there will be water re-fill stations.
Yes! There will be cocktails, beer, and seltzers at multiple bars throughout the festival area. Non-alcoholic drinks will also be available at the bars. Only cards are accepted - no cash.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We try to answer questions as quickly as possible, please allow 48 hours Mon - Fri for a response.
Whether you’re a 5-time vet, or a first-time Shabanger, we ALL take part in creating our community. Take it one step further and get involved in Shabang 2024 by going to our Get Involved page.
By attending Shabang (the “Festival”) you consent to being filmed and or photographed, whereas your image, voice, and likeness may be used by Shabang Music Productions for promotional purposes. Any photography or video taken at the Festival, whether in digital or analog format, is subject to a mandatory, non-exclusive license to Shabang Music Productions for use in promotional purposes. Any artwork or performances sponsored by the Festival or taking place on Festival grounds is also subject to a mandatory, non-exclusive license to Shabang Music Productions for use in promotional purposes. All photographers using 360-degree cameras, DSLRs or cameras with detachable lenses are required to have media credentials to take pictures or video at the Festival.
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all festival attendees, artists, and staff, Shabang Music Productions strictly prohibits the operation of or use of any unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), also know as “Drones”, on, from, or above Shabang Festival premises, events or venues without specific written permission from an official of Shabang Music Productions. This includes all UAVs regardless of size, weight, or purpose. If you are found to be using or in the possession of a UAV or “Drone” while at Shabang, it will be confiscated by ground staff and held for the remainder of the event.
No! If you leave the event, you will not be able to re-enter.
Yes! As long as it is empty, you may bring a camel bak (or similar product) into the event.
Allowed Items-YES! Backpacks- YES! Cameras-YES! Jackets- YES! Reusable Water Bottles- YES! Empty Water BackpacksProhibited Items- NO Glass bottes or glass containers- NO Generators of any kind- NO Alcohol of any kind- NO Illegal drugs of any kind- NO Weapons (Including machetes for opening coconuts)- NO Fireworks, fire tools or fire lanterns- NO Pets (Email email@example.com to inquire and register a documented service animal)- NO Fires- NO Headdresses or cultures as costumesSecurity PolicyAll persons and items are subject to search upon entry by security and law enforcement. Security personnel reserves the right to prohibit items seen as harmful, dangerous, or not in the best interest of the festival and its patrons.
There are many places to stay in and around San Luis Obispo. Between Airbnb, VRBOs, hotels, motels, hostels, and campgrounds, you should be able to find something that will work for you.
Here are some places to camp and the estimated driving time from the venue. Beyond these public campgrounds listed below, there are many private campgrounds and HipCamps around the area as well as free dispersed camping.San Simeon Creek – 45 minWashburn (San Simeon) – 40 minMorro Strand State Beach – 10 minMorro Bay State Park – 10 minCerro Alto – 20 minNorth Beach – 25 minOceano – 30 minOceano Memorial – 30 minOceano Dunes State Vehicle Recreational Area – 30 minAvila Hot Springs Spa & Campground – 20 minIslay Creek Campground (Montana De Oro) – 25 minLake Lopez – 35 minSanta Margarita Lake – 35 minLake Nacimiento – 60 min
By going to our ticketing page.
Check your email by searching for ‘TixR’ or ‘Shabang’. If you purchased a ticket, a confirmation should pop up. The attached PDF has the QR code you will need to get into the festival. Take a moment to add your digital ticket to your ‘wallet’ (apple) or Google Pay (android) on your phone for the quickest and easiest way to get into the festival.
Tickets are on sale now!
Yes! Our Payment Plan option expires on March 21st, 2024. Select ‘Payment Plan’ when checking out on TixR. We require a 25% deposit and then you can pay off the remaining balance in 3 additional payments leading up to the festival.
When checking out on TixR, select ‘Payment Plan’. Our Payment Plan option expires on March 21st, 2024.
There is a $10 payment plan fee.
All sales are final. No refunds.
If you have an account with Tixr, simply log in and go to MY EVENTS. From there, select the ticket(s) you want to transfer and enter the email address you want to receive the transfer offer.
Yes. When the other person receives the Fan Transfer email, if an account does not exist, the recipient will be prompted to create an account in order to check out an accepted transfer offer. Please note that in order for your friend to claim the transfer offer, the recipient’s email address must match the email address you submitted during the transfer process.
Via web using support.tixr.com (preferred) or via email using firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook message. For inquiries that cannot be answered by TixR, please contact us at email@example.com
No. You need your electronic ticket from TixR with the QR code and you will then receive a wristband at the Box Office.
Screenshot the QR code of their specific ticket and send it to them to present at the Box Office.
No! It's not a good idea, trust us.
No open flame or charcoal grills will be allowed.
It’s somewhat hilly with grass covering most of the grounds.
Nope! If you’re sensitive to dust, we recommend bringing a scarf or bandana in case the wind kicks up!
Yes! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or additional information.
No, but there is service for most providers.
Load in will start on Friday May 3rd at 9am and will end at Friday at 5pm. If you plan to arrive after 5pm, please email email@example.com and notify them so that you are not locked out of the campsite.
If you miss load in, you will have to check in at the info kiosk at the entrance of the campsite. If you arrive in a car and do not have a Car Camping pass, you will have to park your car at the overnight parking lot and haul your belongings in by foot.
Load out is 9am - 2pm on Sunday, May 5th.
There are potable water spigots near all the campsites as well as bathrooms that are spread out around the campgrounds with coin operated showers. Additionally there are volleyball courts, baseball fields and the beautiful San Luis obispo Botanical Gardens right next to the campsite.
Yes, you can bring a trailer so long as your trailer length + truck length does not exceed 45 ft. You MUST purchase an RV pass in order to bring your trailer.
- Purchasing an RV pass allows you to bring an RV or Truck & Trailer combo on site for the weekend. You will still need a camping pass in addition to your RV pass to gain access to the campsite. Anyone staying with you in your RV will need their own camping pass as well.- The Camp Director will contact those with RV/trailers to determine their vehicle size and will assign a campsite based on your size. Placement will be at the discretion of the Camp Director.- Each RV site accommodates up to 6 campers. ALL Campers must have their own camping pass, including the driver.- The site will come equiped with full water, electrical and sewer hookups .- Your designated site will have your name on the placard upon your arrival.
- Each car requires one Car Camping Pass. The driver and all passengers in the car, must all have their own individual camping passes.- This grants you access to bring your car into the campsite and park it at one of the designated car sites for the entire weekend.- Campsites are allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis upon arrival. Your Car Pass guarantees you a site. - Upon arrival, follow staff directions to the next available campsite within that zone.- Due to the inability to reserve additional campsites for friends, it's highly recommended to arrive together to secure neighboring campsites.
- Each camping pass is for one person to camp on-site.- There are designated Tent Only Sites that you will be directed to if you do not have a Car or RV Pass.- If you want to have your Car or RV/Trailer on-site, you will have to purchase a Car/RV pass in addition to your camping pass.- Those with Camping Passes can either arrive with someone in a Car/RV and stay at their designated Car/RV site OR arrive on their own and tent camp in the designated tent camping zone.- Campers who arrive in their own car, but do NOT have a Car/RV Pass, must park their vehicle in the overnight parking lot for the weekend (Cost: $40 per car for the entire weekend). From there you will have to walk your belongings to the tent camping zone.
6 People max per Campsite for all varieties of sites (Car, Tent, RV)
You can purchase your car pass and camping pass ahead of time to ensure it does not sell out. Campsite placement is assigned on a first come, first served basis when you arrive to site.If you have an RV pass, the camping director will reach out.
NO. Your camping/car pass guarantees your a spot, but campsites are on a first come first serve basis. When you load in, you will be directed to the next available campsite. If you would like to camp with your friends, you will all need to arrive at the same time.
The campgrounds are on the same parcel of land as the Festival. The entrance of the campgrounds is about a 7 minute walk from the entrance of the festival.
As of now, campfires are allowed in existing fire pits ONLY! This may change as we move closer to summer.
Yes! Potable water spigots are near all the campsites
Please collect and dispose of trash at your campsite using the waste bins located near the road running through the campsites. To adhere to our "Leave No Trace" policy, we kindly request everyone to bring their own trash bags for their campsite.
Yes, there will be a camp host on site at all times. Should you have any problems, you can contact the camp host by calling the number that will be provided in your camping info email. The camp host will also be selling ice for anyone who needs it.
Campers that arrive with their own car that do not have a Car Camping Pass will need to park their car in the overnight parking lot for the weekend ($40 per car for the weekend). Once parked you will have to walk your belongings to the tent camping zone.
Yes! An RV/Trailer Pass is a must for access. Please note that RV sites are extremely limited. If you arrive with an RV/Trailer and do not have an RV Pass, you will not be allowed to enter the campsite with your RV/Trailer Purchasers of RV/Trailer passes will receive communication from the Camping Director. They will collect necessary information to ensure correct placement. RV sites will be allocated based on the size of your RV/trailer. Your reserved spot will be clearly marked on-site for easy identification.
- Unfortunately, pets are not permitted at Shabang Music Festival or its campgrounds. Only trained service dogs are allowed.- Service dogs are defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as individually trained working animals, not considered as pets.- According to the ADA, a service animal is specifically a dog trained to perform tasks or work for a person with a disability. No animal other than a dog qualifies as a service animal, regardless of its training.- Emotional support or comfort animals, even with a doctor's note, do not meet the criteria for service dogs under the ADA and are not allowed at the festival.
Music is allowed at the campsite, except during quiet hours (4 am - 8 am). Only smaller portable/handheld speakers are permitted.- Larger sound systems, PA systems, amplifiers, or other high-output audio equipment are not allowed at the campsite.- We kindly ask everyone to be respectful of their neighbors and to use portable speakers considerately, avoiding disturbances. For light sleepers, bringing earplugs is recommended.- Please note that any environment not listed on our official music schedule may be asked to shut down their sound at any time to prevent the negative impacts of SOOP (sound out of place).- Shabang reserves the right to confiscate equipment or ask campers to leave if any environment does not comply with this request.
There is a designated area for those with disabilities that allows easier access to services. To reserve one of these sites, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org and coordinate with them to reserve your spot and purchase your Camping Pass.
Water, food, trash bags, sunscreen, earplugs, and all other neccessary camping supplies. You will be able to buy ice from the camp host. Pack in, pack out. Leave no trace!
Weapons, Drugs, charcoal grills, portable fire pits, pets, large speakers.
- Party Shuttles – We provide round-trip shuttles from Campus Bottle and Cal Poly. You’ll choose a departure window and a pick-up location and then you can take a shuttle back at any time. You can purchase Shuttle Passes on our ticketing platform.- Private Shuttles – We provide private shuttles with pick up/drop off at a location of your choosing (in San Luis Obispo, Los Osos, or Morro Bay) for 14 passengers at a time. You can purchase Private Shuttles on our ticketing platform.- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION – You can take SoCO Transit on the 12S line which has pick-ups in San Luis Obispo, Los Osos, & Morro Bay. Hop off at the Cuesta College stop, which is a 10-minute walk from Dairy Creek Golf Course.- CARPOOL – If you know anyone driving, ask them if you can come along!- RIDE SHARING – Uber and Lyft are available in San Luis Obispo.- LEGS – Bike, etc. if you’re able to! Make sure you are getting to venue using O’Connor Way instead of Highway 1.
When you purchase a shuttle pass, you will select a departure window and a pick up location. Arrive at the pick up location within your departure window and you will be given a Shuttle Pass wristband. You be will dropped off near the entrance of the festival. You can take the shuttles back to your pick up location at any time!
We cannot promise you a ride if you do not arrive within your departure window but we will do our best to accomodate you. It may mean having to wait until it isn't busy to get a ride.
Yes, there is a $20 parking lot fee at Cuesta College for those driving to Shabang. There is NO PARKING at Dairy Creek Golf Course.